Sanda is a Chinese hand to
hand combat, self-defense system used
to practice martial applications in a
realistic environment or simply free fighting.
Sanda is composed of Chinese martial arts applications including most
aspects of combat including striking
and grappling, however when Sanda
was developed as a sport, restrictions
were made for safety reasons as well as
to promote it as a non violent sport.
As an unarmed self-defense, close
combat system, Sanda includes da
(punches), ti (kicks), shuai (grappling),
and na (throws, locks, chokes).
- 3 x 2 min. rounds
- Bouts are fought on a raised platform with no ropes
- Punches to the head and body
- Kicks to the inside/outside of the legs as well as the
- Sweeps, takedowns and throws are legal techniques
- Winner by points, TKO or KO
[Back to top]